Following is the text of press note issued by
"Government wants to make smartphones accessible to common man at a low cost and this target can only be achieved if mobile phones are manufactured locally." MoS IT Anusha Rahman said this while talking to a high level Chinese delegation comprising of CEOs and heads of leading telecoms who called on her to discuss local mobile manufacturing prospects in
Chairman BOI Mr.
The Minister while talking to the delegates said that after 3G/4G spectrum auction,
We invite potential telecom manufacturing companies to come forward and invest in telecom equipment mobile handsets manufacturing to help in building the eco system in our rapidly thriving telecom market.
TIP is equipped with advance machines which can be used effectively in local mobile manufacturing. We invite telecom manufacturing companies to partner with
Government is ready to facilitate investors by offering tax relaxation and others lucrative incentives and in the recent budget Government has reduced taxes of telecom services and also given incentives to new manufacturers through reducing corporate tax by over 10 percent.
Chairman BOI Ismail Mufta while talking to Chinese delegation said that telecom sector in
He said that
Head of the Chinese delegation Mr.
While sharing his experiences he said that china telecom industry had started its journey from zero about 20 years back and now its leading the world with 80 percent mobile manufacturing share. He said that
Minister of State for IT appreciated the spirit and keen interest shown by the Chinese telecom companies for their investment in local mobile manufacturing in
For more information, contact:
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009
- Florida's Largest Insurer Says 'Bailout' Attacks Unfair
- Wealth Gap Widened in Past Decade: Census
- Gap Reports Higher Profits, India Plans
- International Revulsion Grows Over James Foley Death
- James Foley Beheading Sparks Anger, Little Action
- Beyonce, Jay-Z Cuba Trip Was Legal After All
- Chinese Stock Funds Are a Late-summer Bloomer
- Sears Holdings Loses $573 Million