The 25-year-old nun won the competition with 62.5 percent of the vote on Thursday night's program. She performed an energetic rendition of "Gli Anni" with coach J-Ax before the reveal, and recited the Lord's Prayer upon her win.
"My presence here is not up to me, it's thanks to the man upstairs," the new champion said. "I want to thank everyone who has helped me during this difficult period. Thanks for having protected me many times."
Sister Scuccia won a recording contract with Universal, and J-Ax expressed, "I hope you can make a change out there, and be an example."
People first took notice of the singing sensation after she performed a jaw-dropping rendition of "No One" by
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Ford Is Finding Success With Its 'Unminivan'
- U.S. Drones Hit al-Shabab in Somalia
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- California Hispanic Chamber Picks New Chair
- Health Care Hiring Up, Wages Down