The 25-year-old nun won the competition with 62.5 percent of the vote on Thursday night's program. She performed an energetic rendition of "Gli Anni" with coach J-Ax before the reveal, and recited the Lord's Prayer upon her win.
"My presence here is not up to me, it's thanks to the man upstairs," the new champion said. "I want to thank everyone who has helped me during this difficult period. Thanks for having protected me many times."
Sister Scuccia won a recording contract with Universal, and J-Ax expressed, "I hope you can make a change out there, and be an example."
People first took notice of the singing sensation after she performed a jaw-dropping rendition of "No One" by
Most Popular Stories
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day