The 25-year-old nun won the competition with 62.5 percent of the vote on Thursday night's program. She performed an energetic rendition of "Gli Anni" with coach J-Ax before the reveal, and recited the Lord's Prayer upon her win.
"My presence here is not up to me, it's thanks to the man upstairs," the new champion said. "I want to thank everyone who has helped me during this difficult period. Thanks for having protected me many times."
Sister Scuccia won a recording contract with Universal, and J-Ax expressed, "I hope you can make a change out there, and be an example."
People first took notice of the singing sensation after she performed a jaw-dropping rendition of "No One" by
Most Popular Stories
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009
- Florida's Largest Insurer Says 'Bailout' Attacks Unfair
- Wealth Gap Widened in Past Decade: Census
- Gap Reports Higher Profits, India Plans
- Sears Holdings Loses $573 Million
- International Revulsion Grows Over James Foley Death
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Beyonce, Jay-Z Cuba Trip Was Legal After All
- U.S. Veteran Killed Fighting in Ukraine
- Chinese Stock Funds Are a Late-summer Bloomer