Representing the three parties were:
The debate was moderated by TFSA President and CEO,
"This is the third time that the TFSA and the industry have hosted a provincial election debate on the importance of the financial services sector to the provincial economy," said Ms. Ecker. "It was encouraging to hear all three parties recognize the critical role our sector has for job growth and economic prosperity."
All three parties specifically ruled out reintroducing a capital tax on financial institutions, because they said they recognize the important role of capital investment to foster innovation, job growth and a safe and sound financial system.
The parties also agreed that financial regulations had to be efficient and fair, particularly in the area of auto insurance, support for credit unions, impact on small, independent financial companies and the need for a common securities regulator.
However, the candidates differed on their views regarding the retirement savings issue and the current government's proposed
The financial associations that sponsored the debate were:
The full debate will be posted to the TFSA website (www.tfsa.ca) shortly.
About the TFSA:
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Stocks Moving Higher Again for 4th Day
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight