Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart, her backup dancer turned boyfriend, have given up the ghost after 2-1/2 years together.
"It has actually been an amicable process that started a few months ago," Us Weekly quoted an insider in a familiar take in such situations. "It wasn't an easy decision, but they decided to stay friends."
The official line is that J.Lo and Casper's "relationship couldn't work with the distance" because they're so focused on their careers.
The two were first linked as an item just four months after her divorce from Marc Anthony.
Despite the amicable tone from the Jennifer Lopez camp, however, there were intimations earlier in the week of a scandal involving Casper Smart reportedly sexting transsexual models behind the Latin superstar's back, according to Asian News International.
Jennifer Lopez was p.o.'ed and decided to dump her boy toy out of concern that a sexting scandal could get more press than her work, according to the New York Post.
The "I Luh Ya Papi" singer is getting ready to perform at a free concert at Pelham Bay Park.
She's "doing fine" and is concentrating on "promoting her new album."
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free