The Government's finances are largely in line with Budget forecasts in the ten months to 30 April, Finance Minister
The operating balance before gains and losses (OBEGAL) deficit was
"These results confirm Treasury's Budget forecasts which showed that we are on track to a modest surplus of
"Sound fiscal policy is essential for sustaining economic growth over the medium term. By keeping on top of government spending we can also help interest rates stay lower for longer."
Core Crown tax revenue continued its trend of below forecast outturns. It was
The financial statements show core Crown tax revenue was
Core Crown expenses for the ten months were
"In the next four years, the Government will continue to focus on achieving better results as the main way of restraining future government spending, and increasing the surplus,"
"Returning to surplus will allow us to repay debt, and give us better choices in how we support
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya