For the week, gold prices gained about 0.5%.
US employment rose more than expected in May, after reporting a sharp jump in employment in the previous month, a
Gold for August delivery, the most actively traded contract, shed
Gold for June delivery scaled an intraday high of
On Thursday, gold futures ended higher on the
The dollar index, which tracks the US unit against six major currencies, traded at 80.46 on Friday, up from its previous close of 80.37 late Thursday in North American trade. The dollar scaled a high of 80.53 intraday and a low of 80.24.
The euro traded lower against the dollar at
In economic news from the US, data from the
The unemployment rate was steady at 6.3% in May, while economists expected the unemployment rate to edge up to 6.4%.
From the eurozone,
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro Is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention