The independent family brewer, founded in 1845 and based in
"We know our strength is in operating at the premium end of the market, and we have a clear vision of where we are going and how we will get there," Emeny said in a statement commenting on the results.
The company proposed a final dividend of
For the year ended
The company said that growth in the business was driven by like-for-like sales growth of 8.3% in its managed pubs and hotels business. Within that, like-for-like sales rose more than 10% in both food and accommodation.
Its tenanted inns estate saw like-for-like profits increase by 2%.
In the previous year, like-for-like sales in the managed business were up 2.1%, while profit at its tenanted estate was up 1%.
Fuller said total beer and cider volumes were up 1% in the recent year.
"Several new initiatives have come into play during the period including the acquisition of Cornish Orchards, the launch of Frontier, the purchase of the
The group operates from three different divisions - its managed pubs and hotels; tenanted inns, which comprises pubs operated by third parties under tenancy or lease agreements; and its Fuller's
The company said it has opened two new pubs so far this year - a freehold site in Portishead, and a London's Pride pub at the new
"We are looking forward with anticipation and excitement to the forthcoming year. Investment is taking place in all areas of the company and we continue to be pleased with the impact that it is having on the business," said Emeny in a statement.
However, Emeny said the new rules won't affect the business, as it is already within the new rules for tenants.
Most Popular Stories
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Judge Orders Kurdistan Oil Seized
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007