Banks were in the spotlight after the ECB cut its interest rates on Thursday.
The German DAX rose 0.34%, the CAC 40 of
Specialist engineering support services firm
In economic news, German exports increased notably in April, following declines in the previous two months, figures from Destatis showed. Total exports climbed a calender-and-seasonally adjusted 3.0% monthly in April, following a 1.8% decline in March.
Meanwhile, the French trade deficit narrowed unexpectedly in April due to a notable decline in imports, the customs office said.
Separate data released by the
In economic news from the US, data released by the
Economists had been expecting employment to rise by about 215,000 jobs in the month.
The data showed unemployment rate was steady at 6.3% in May. Economists expected unemployment rate to edge up to 6.4%.
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids