Dozens Of Higher Education Institutions, Organizations Endorse Legislation Introduced By
The Senator's refinancing bill has been sponsored by more than 35 senators.
An updated version of the bill was introduced yesterday, on which the
The legislation introduced last month would allow many of the 40 million borrowers with student loan debt to refinance, and it is fully funded by enacting the Buffett Rule, which would limit special tax breaks for the wealthiest Americans that allow millionaires and billionaires to pay lower effective tax rates than middle class families. A companion bill was introduced in the
The current list of group and organization endorsers is below.
ICUM (representing 60 colleges and universities in
Democracy for American
Progressive Change Campaign Committee
Roosevelt Institute Campus Network
Student Debt Crisis
Working Families Party
Young People For (YP4)
TNS 30TacordaCheng-140606-4759149 30TacordaCheng
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go