The 71-year-old was arrested in 1995 with nearly 500 pounds of marijuana, and served 17 years of a 22-year sentence. He played a major role in the U.S. cocaine trade in the 1970s and early 1980s, and was once responsible for 89 percent of cocaine imported into the country.
His exploits were chronicled in
A representative for Jung tells TMZ the former cocaine smuggler wrote a sequel while he was in prison. The book, titled Heavy, features some of the same characters from Blow, and details more of his cocaine adventures.
Heavy is scheduled for release next month, and a movie production company has taken interest in the book.
Most Popular Stories
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Islamic Militant in James Foley Beheading Video May Be English