The 71-year-old was arrested in 1995 with nearly 500 pounds of marijuana, and served 17 years of a 22-year sentence. He played a major role in the U.S. cocaine trade in the 1970s and early 1980s, and was once responsible for 89 percent of cocaine imported into the country.
His exploits were chronicled in
A representative for Jung tells TMZ the former cocaine smuggler wrote a sequel while he was in prison. The book, titled Heavy, features some of the same characters from Blow, and details more of his cocaine adventures.
Heavy is scheduled for release next month, and a movie production company has taken interest in the book.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Zillow in Reported $2B Bid for Real Estate Rival Trulia
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Prison Workers Wanted
- Small Firms Take Out the Trash in Jersey