The funds would be expended in low-interest loans with a rate of 3% per year, said
Under the draft policies, off-shore fishermen will receive preferential loans to build new fishing boats or repair or upgrade existing ones in order to increase fishing capacity and protect national sovereignty.
Fishermen would be backed up with 70% of insurance fees for new fishing vessels, guaranteed by the government.
The state bank says, The SBV is very willing to disburse these funds as long as the government has set up a legal framework to do so".
Proposed draft policies also deal with raises in compensations for missing or dead fishermen by 25%, as well as offering 15kg of rice for each of their dependents for three months. Vessels that volunteer to help in rescue missions would be recouped the cost of fuel.
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Netflix Unveils New Way to Share Picks
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits
- Construction Spending Staged Strong Rebound in July
- Ford is Finding Success With Its 'Unminivan'