The Egyptian stock market rose by almost 5% on Thursday.
(AFP File Photo /
The Egyptian stock market bench-mark index EGX-30 hiked 4.71% to reach 8498.65 points on Thursday, up from 8116.19 the preceding day.
The EGX-70, which encompasses small and medium companies, also rose 3.77%, recording 599.24 points. The broader EGX-100 index jumped 3.82%, marking 1047.93 points.
On Sunday the market witnessed a significant loss of
During the third day of elections, the bourse witnessed a notable plummet, with the market losing over
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Eid al-Fitr Celebrations Mark End of Ramadan
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Oppression of Women Cripples Africa: Obama
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Contreras-Sweet to Speak at MED Week
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office