PRISON department intends to take a loan of 100 tractors from Suma JKT in a move aimed at face-lifting the department's capacity to produce more food for prisoners in the country.
The Deputy Minister for Home Affairs, Mr Pereira Silima, said while responding to a question by
"In the recent past Suma JKT secured a
Responding to the matter, Mr Silima said that it is true that the Suma JKT were required to provide loan tractors to the
It is my hope that we will send another loan application when Suma JKT bring other tractors.
He said that it did not make sense for the government to continue spending a lot of money for purchasing food for prisoners while there was farming equipment lying idle at Suma JKT.
There were many fertile and productive lands in areas where prisons were located, countrywide, which could be used by
Responding to basic question raised by Augustino Manyanda (Mbogwe legislator - CCM) who wanted to know when will the government provide tractors for Kenegere prison in
Silima said the government had purchased power tiller tractors in 2010 and water pumps for the Kenegere prison which is involved in rice, maize and cassava farming.
He said the government would continue to build new staff houses, renovate and finish all houses according to availability of financial resources.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Spiders Get Bigger, Reproduce Faster in Cities
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Why BofA Won't Pay $17 Billion After All
- Obama Weighs Move on Legal Immigration
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Eric Holder Arrives in Ferguson