Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research, "The emitter located inside or outside the nanoshell at various positions leads to a significantly different enhancement effect. The fluorescent emitter placed outside the nanoshell can achieve large fluorescence intensity given that both the position and orientation of the emission dipole are optimally controlled. In contrast, for the case of the emitter placed inside the nanoshell, it can experience substantial two-photon fluorescence enhancement without strict requirements upon the position and dipole orientations. Metallic nanoshell encapsulating many fluorescent emitters should be a promising nanocomposite configuration for bright two-photon fluorescence label."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "The results provide a comprehensive understanding about the plasmonic-enhanced two-photon fluorescence behaviors, and the nanocomposite configuration has great potential for optical detecting, imaging and sensing in biological applications."
For more information on this research see: Plasmonic-enhanced two-photon fluorescence with single gold nanoshell. Science China-Physics Mechanics & Astronomy, 2014;57(6):1038-1045. Science China-Physics Mechanics & Astronomy can be contacted at:
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth