Perth, Australia, June 6, 2014 - (ABN Newswire) - The Directors of Liquefied Natural Gas Limited (ASX:LNG) (OTCMKTS:LNGLY) (Company) advise that ASX Compliance Pty Ltd (ASX) has decided to grant a waiver of ASX Listing Rule 14.7 on the voting exclusion statement in the Company's Notice of Meeting dated 15 May 2014 that relates to the next general meeting of shareholders on 16 June 2014.
The Resolution that will be put to a vote at the general meeting of shareholders on 16 June 2014 is to approve a Placement of 58,792,746 fully paid ordinary shares (Placement) to sophisticated or professional investors resident in Australia or overseas investors.
Following the waiver, the Company need not disregard votes cast on the Resolution by security holders who will not participate in the Placement, to the extent that those holders act solely in a fiduciary, nominee or custodial capacity (Nominee Holder) on behalf of beneficiaries who will not participate in the issue of shares in the Placement (a Non-Participating Beneficiary), on the following conditions:
1. The Non-Participating Beneficiary provides written confirmation to the Nominee Holder that it has no interest in the outcome of the Resolution, nor are they an associate of a person who has an interest in the outcome of the Resolution;
2. The Non-Participating Beneficiary directs the Nominee Holder to vote for or against the Resolution; and
3. The Nominee Holder does not exercise discretion in casting a vote on behalf of the Non- Participating Beneficiary.
About Liquefied Natural Gas Limited:
Liquefied Natural Gas Limited is an ASX listed company (ASX:LNG) (US:LNGLY) whose portfolio consists of 100% ownership of the following assets:
- Magnolia LNG, LLC, a US-based wholly owned subsidiary, which is developing the Magnolia LNG Project an 8 mtpa LNG export terminal, in Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA;
- Gladstone LNG Pty Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary, which is developing the Fisherman's Landing LNG (FLLNG) Project at the Port of Gladstone in Queensland, Australia; and
- LNG Technology Pty Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary, which developed and owns the Company’s OSMR(R) LNG liquefaction process, a mid-scale LNG business model that plans to deliver: lower capital operating costs; faster construction; and improved efficiency, relative to larger traditional LNG projects.
Liquefied Natural Gas Limited