YENI DELHI (CIHAN)- Indian stock market benchmark indices gathered steam as the session progressed and ended at a record closing high on Thursday led by gains in metals, oil & gas, IT and power sectors.
The BSE benchmark index Sensex closed at 25,019.51, up 213.68 points or 0.86 percent from last day's closing of 24,805.63 points.
According to analysts, the market uptrend is likely to continue with some consolidation in the run-up to budget. (Cihan/Xinhua)
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009
- Wealth Gap Widened in Past Decade: Census
- Florida's Largest Insurer Says 'Bailout' Attacks Unfair
- Gap Reports Higher Profits, India Plans
- James Foley Beheading Sparks Anger, Little Action
- International Revulsion Grows Over James Foley Death
- Beyonce, Jay-Z Cuba Trip Was Legal After All
- Chinese Stock Funds Are a Late-summer Bloomer
- Sears Holdings Loses $573 Million