The news reporters obtained a quote from the research from the
According to the news reporters, the research concluded: "These results show that Si-nc are not necessary to indirectly excite Nd3+ ions and that samples annealed at temperatures lower than 800 degrees C are of potential interest for applications because of a lower thermal budget compared to that required for samples containing Si-nc."
For more information on this research see: Photoluminescence properties of Nd-doped silicon oxide thin films containing silicon nanoparticles.
Our news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained by contacting E. Steveler,
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- Four DC Comics Properties Brought to TV Get Comic-Con Event
- UFC Fight Night Sees Robbie Lawler Win Unanimous Decision
- Plan to Simplify 2015 Health Renewals May Backfire
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy ' Sequel Slated for 2017
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows