"The key ECB interest rates will remain at present levels for an extended period of time in view of the current outlook for inflation. This expectation is further underpinned by our decisions today," Draghi said in the introductory statement to his customary post-meeting press conference.
The ECB cut its central refi refinancing rate to 0.15%, from 0.25% previously.
They also lowered the rate at which the central bank pays commercial banks for depositing their unused cash into negative territory for the time, cutting it from zero percent to minus 0.10%.
The German DAX picked up 0.20% to 9,946.30, but not before hitting 10,000 for the first time ever.
VP shares rose sharply as the equipment rental company reported higher profit for fiscal 2014 and proposed an increase in final dividend.
The Bank of
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant