The Australian Government is investing in national productivity gains and the skilled workers of the future, today delivering its plan for the
Minister for Industry
Trade Support Loans will help more apprentices complete their training and get the skills they need to fill the jobs that businesses want.
Many young apprentices do it tough in the early years and these loans, paid monthly, will ease the financial burden and help increase training completion rates.
Trade Support Loans are interest free. They are indexed annually with CPI, but aren t subject to a commercial rate of interest as a bank loan would be.
This is the policy we took to the election, and this is the policy we are implementing.
Our Trade Support Loans are a responsible investment in the nation s future tradespeople.
The Australian Government has an Economic Action Strategy that will build a stronger economy, create new jobs and bring Labor s debt and deficit disaster under control.
The Trade Support Loans programme offers loans of up to
The programme targets occupations on the National Skills Needs List such as plumbers, diesel mechanics, electricians and fitters, as well as well priority areas in horticulture and agriculture with more than 100 qualifications eligible.
We are building a diverse five-pillar economy that focuses on our strengths in manufacturing and innovation, agricultural exports, advanced services, world-class education and research and mining,
The Government will continue to work with industry to ensure that the skills and training sector is responsive to their needs and is an effective catalyst for the industries and jobs of the future.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Menendez: No Arms for Iraq Without Intel