KEEPING SCORE: A half hour before the opening bell, Dow Jones industrial average futures are down nine points at 16,748.
Standard & Poor's 500 index futures are down less than a point at 1,952, while Nasdaq 100 futures are up two points at 3,833.
The stock market ended last week with a slight loss. But that was a minor setback. The S&P 500 has managed a gain of 1.9 percent in June, despite rising oil prices and signs of tepid economic growth.
DATA: Two snapshots on housing and manufacturing come out Monday. Just after the opening bell, the
BONDS AND COMMODITIES: In the market for government bonds, the yield on the 10-year note dipped to 2.52 percent from 2.54 percent late Friday. Bond yields fall when prices rise. The price of crude oil slipped
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Intruder Gets into White House
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton