Twitter is one of the few major tech companies who is still pushing back against requests to reveal its workplace diversity statistics, said it has no plans to release the numbers anytime soon.
In a push to encourage transparency in workplace diversity in the tech industry, Google, Facebook and Yahoo have all divulged the demographic breakdown of the companies' staff. All three show that white men fill most of the jobs in the booming industry, while women and most minorities comprise a very small percentage.
"We're not announcing anything at the moment," Twitter communications Senior Manager Jim Prosser told the SFist
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Eid al-Fitr Celebrations Mark End of Ramadan
- Oppression of Women Cripples Africa: Obama
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya