Allegations are rife that traders often increase prices of their commodities during the
Speaking yesterday during the distribution of essential commodities to civil servants by the state council of civil service union, NLC chairman Aliyu Matazu urged the traders to resist the temptation of jerking up prices of foodstuffs.
"At a time like this, we need to appeal to our brothers who sell essential commodities to consider reducing prices of their goods so as to reap from the bounties of this month".
Earlier in an address, the chairman of
"The principal idea behind the union's gesture is to serve as relief to our members so that they can perform their fasting with relative ease," he said.
He said the gesture was also to avert the skyrocketing prices of essential commodities in the market.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go
- Detroit Raced Toward this Week's Bankruptcy Trial