Allegations are rife that traders often increase prices of their commodities during the
Speaking yesterday during the distribution of essential commodities to civil servants by the state council of civil service union, NLC chairman Aliyu Matazu urged the traders to resist the temptation of jerking up prices of foodstuffs.
"At a time like this, we need to appeal to our brothers who sell essential commodities to consider reducing prices of their goods so as to reap from the bounties of this month".
Earlier in an address, the chairman of
"The principal idea behind the union's gesture is to serve as relief to our members so that they can perform their fasting with relative ease," he said.
He said the gesture was also to avert the skyrocketing prices of essential commodities in the market.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life