The pound came off from an early low of 1.7008 against the greenback, recovering to 1.7049.
The pound rose back to 0.8008 against the euro, 172.76 against the yen and 1.5174 against the franc, reversing from an early 4-day low of 0.8026, near 3-week lows of 172.36 and 1.5137, respectively.
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- Merck Profit More Than Doubles in Q2
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z