DUTCH electronics giant Philips said yesterday it would start the process of merging its Lumileds or LED components and automotive lighting businesses into a standalone subsidiary within the group. The
Philips did not rule out becoming a minority shareholder in the future.
The process of merging the two businesses into one is expected to be completed in early 2015. Philips shares rose 3.5 per cent.
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment