Imported milk was estimated at 154,734 tonnes during the first five months of the year, against 128,913 tonnes over the same period in 2013, an increase by 20.03%, according to the figures of the Customs'
Imports are due to increase the current milk powder stock of the national milk inter-professional office (ONIL), and which will cover the needs of the market until October, the general manager of the office,
"There will be no shortage in powder milk as ONIL has all the required quantities to meet market's needs," he underlined.
"We have sufficient quantities until
According to the figures provided by the ministry of Trade, ONIL distributes 15,260 tonnes of milk powder to 116 production units, including 15 public, every week.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8