The choppy trading on
Traders are likely to keep a close eye on the
Reports on manufacturing and service sector activity, private sector employment, and international trade may also attract some attention in the coming days.
Most of the major sectors are showing only modest moves in mid-day trading, contributing to the lack of direction being shown by the broader markets.
While some strength is visible among railroad, semiconductor, and housing stocks, defense and commercial real estate stocks have moved to the downside on the day.
Currently, the major averages are turning in a mixed performance. While the Dow is down 16.82 points or 0.1% at 16,835.02, the Nasdaq is up 9.41 points or 0.2% at 4,407.34 and the S&P 500 is up 0.26 points or less than a tenth of a % at 1,961.22.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season