OIL RIG maker
The projects all came in ahead of budgeted margins, while an improvement in productivity resulted in further savings.
Shares in the group were up three per cent in early trading.
"The company now expects earnings for the year as a whole to be ahead of expectations, although this will be heavily weighted towards the first half of the year," it said in a statement.
"Our bid pipeline remains strong and we remain focused on the conversion of our pipeline of opportunities into further contract wins."
Analysts had been expecting 2014 core earnings of around
Shares closed flat at 155.50p.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Menendez: No Arms for Iraq Without Intel
- Self-Induced Abortions Rise After Texas Closes Clinics
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review