OIL RIG maker
The projects all came in ahead of budgeted margins, while an improvement in productivity resulted in further savings.
Shares in the group were up three per cent in early trading.
"The company now expects earnings for the year as a whole to be ahead of expectations, although this will be heavily weighted towards the first half of the year," it said in a statement.
"Our bid pipeline remains strong and we remain focused on the conversion of our pipeline of opportunities into further contract wins."
Analysts had been expecting 2014 core earnings of around
Shares closed flat at 155.50p.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Stocks Moving Higher Again for 4th Day
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight