This survey was conducted online by Questionpro on behalf of IObit Mobile Security from May 1st to May 21st, 2014 among 5,000 adult AMC Security users. The answer to what information they want to hide most on their mobile phones is, SMS ranked #1 (29%), followed closely by contacts (25%) and call logs (21%). About 1/4 prefer to hide pictures (13%), videos and other private files (12%). Most People (81%) feel they need to keep SMS on their smartphones private.
When asked about whom they want to hide from most, surprisingly, intimate persons were ranked #1st (67.58%), but strangers and thieves (12.42%). And 37.50% of them don’t want their SMS being seen by spouses or lovers; 30.08% by close friends and family members; 11.4% by coworkers; 8.6% by relatives and classmates. Interestingly, men (76%) are more likely than women (24%) to be embarrassed about others seeing their SMS logs and Contacts.
“The survey proves people are sensitive to individual privacy on their smartphones and long for a way to keep their personal data outside curious eyes,” said
Free Download of AMC Security on Google Play:
Founded in 2004, IObit provides consumers with innovative system utilities for Windows, Mac, and Android OS to greatly enhance operational performance and protect their computers and mobile devices from security threats.
Most Popular Stories
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Intruder Gets into White House
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut