This survey was conducted online by Questionpro on behalf of IObit Mobile Security from May 1st to May 21st, 2014 among 5,000 adult AMC Security users. The answer to what information they want to hide most on their mobile phones is, SMS ranked #1 (29%), followed closely by contacts (25%) and call logs (21%). About 1/4 prefer to hide pictures (13%), videos and other private files (12%). Most People (81%) feel they need to keep SMS on their smartphones private.
When asked about whom they want to hide from most, surprisingly, intimate persons were ranked #1st (67.58%), but strangers and thieves (12.42%). And 37.50% of them don’t want their SMS being seen by spouses or lovers; 30.08% by close friends and family members; 11.4% by coworkers; 8.6% by relatives and classmates. Interestingly, men (76%) are more likely than women (24%) to be embarrassed about others seeing their SMS logs and Contacts.
“The survey proves people are sensitive to individual privacy on their smartphones and long for a way to keep their personal data outside curious eyes,” said
Free Download of AMC Security on Google Play:
Founded in 2004, IObit provides consumers with innovative system utilities for Windows, Mac, and Android OS to greatly enhance operational performance and protect their computers and mobile devices from security threats.
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go