The Indonesian national flag carrier has contracted the major air transportation IT specialist SITA for the management of the company s network infrastructure and standardization of its IT operations for a five-year period.
The Director for
"With SITA managing our IT infrastructure, we are reducing our costs, simplifying our IT solutions and future-proofing our network, which will position us well to take advantage of potential growth.
"We are now able to provide high-quality network solutions to all of our offices around the world."
As part of the new five-year the arrangement, the carrier will also have end-to-end visibility of its network status and operational performance via a synchronized dashboard, whilst SITA's regional internet gateway service will deliver enhanced internet access at outstations.
The President for
"Our new agreement strengthens our ongoing collaboration with Garuda Indonesia to support its transformation and modernisation efforts.
"It is also a perfect example of how SITA is helping to power growth, both for Garuda and also for the wider air transport industry in
As part of the project s first initiative, SITA has offered professional consulting services, as well as installed the crucial infrastructure for the new system and helped in the related new business procedures so that Garuda can migrate to an advanced reservation structure.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- DHS Warns Retailers About Malware in Cash Registers
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records