The Indonesian national flag carrier has contracted the major air transportation IT specialist SITA for the management of the company s network infrastructure and standardization of its IT operations for a five-year period.
The Director for
"With SITA managing our IT infrastructure, we are reducing our costs, simplifying our IT solutions and future-proofing our network, which will position us well to take advantage of potential growth.
"We are now able to provide high-quality network solutions to all of our offices around the world."
As part of the new five-year the arrangement, the carrier will also have end-to-end visibility of its network status and operational performance via a synchronized dashboard, whilst SITA's regional internet gateway service will deliver enhanced internet access at outstations.
The President for
"Our new agreement strengthens our ongoing collaboration with Garuda Indonesia to support its transformation and modernisation efforts.
"It is also a perfect example of how SITA is helping to power growth, both for Garuda and also for the wider air transport industry in
As part of the project s first initiative, SITA has offered professional consulting services, as well as installed the crucial infrastructure for the new system and helped in the related new business procedures so that Garuda can migrate to an advanced reservation structure.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Self-Induced Abortions Rise After Texas Closes Clinics
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Marco Rubio Swings Back to the Right
- Comic-Con Festival Kicks Off in San Diego