It was in
Things were so different back then. The few smartphones being sold in the market had but small screens and hardware keyboards, locked the web in WAP and proxy, with no real apps to speak of. The iPhone was not only a breath of fresh air, but an out of this world experience.
Capacitive touch technology that really felt like direct manipulation, inertial scrolling and rubber banding, pinch-to-zoom and cover-flow made interacting with your phone an experience never seen before. And for the first time ever, the world experienced the Internet in all its glory.† To say that the iPhone changed everything isnít quite a hyperbole. It is simply to recognise the impact it has had on shaping the smartphone landscape for years to come.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006