The EU's executive body in a statement said that last week, it transpired that certain individuals have been targeting the
This created concerns about the liquidity of the bank in question and risked spilling over to some other institutions, despite the fact that the Bulgarian banking system is well capitalized, it noted.
Some of the individuals involved have been arrested over the weekend.
In order to reassure depositors and confirm commitment to the banking system, the Bulgarian authorities decided to provide the banking sector with the necessary liquidity.
All KUNA right are reserved
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Female Business Owners Still Face Gender Gap
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana