The EU's executive body in a statement said that last week, it transpired that certain individuals have been targeting the
This created concerns about the liquidity of the bank in question and risked spilling over to some other institutions, despite the fact that the Bulgarian banking system is well capitalized, it noted.
Some of the individuals involved have been arrested over the weekend.
In order to reassure depositors and confirm commitment to the banking system, the Bulgarian authorities decided to provide the banking sector with the necessary liquidity.
All KUNA right are reserved
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World