The U.S. dollar rose to the mid-101 yen zone Tuesday morning in
At noon, the dollar fetched
The euro was quoted at
The dollar was lifted from near the previous day's six-week low against the yen as the Nikkei Stock Average recovered losses from the week before.
Upcoming events include the
"The expectation (on the ISM report) is for a strong number. If U.S. Treasury yields rise on the report, the recent cap on the dollar versus the yen will be loosened," said
The euro held onto overnight gains against the dollar and also moved firmer against the yen Tuesday morning as traders turned from the safety of the Japanese currency.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Los Angeles Angels Clinch Playoff Spot
- Sanctions Push Russian Ruble to Historic Low