Revenues in the year rose to
The company gave a cautious outlook for the year ahead, as it said it will continue to manage cost pressure through managing customer prices, product re-engineering and enhancing its product portfolio with higher margin products. It said it intends to exploit its lower priced products to offset lower sales levels on higher priced products.
"Our private label ranges have faced increased price and promotion pressure from the big brands and the growth of the value market, which has eroded their market share and adversely affected sales volumes," said Chairman
The company did not to declare a dividend for the year just ended.
"Although we have seen a further increase in annual profits, it feels that it continues to be more appropriate to retain profits to help fund the continued investment in growth than to reduce available funds through dividend distribution," said McIlroy.
During the year, the group completed the sale of its stake in one of its partner brands, Twisted Sista, the proceeds of which it said it will use to invest in the development of new ranges.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border