Revenues in the year rose to
The company gave a cautious outlook for the year ahead, as it said it will continue to manage cost pressure through managing customer prices, product re-engineering and enhancing its product portfolio with higher margin products. It said it intends to exploit its lower priced products to offset lower sales levels on higher priced products.
"Our private label ranges have faced increased price and promotion pressure from the big brands and the growth of the value market, which has eroded their market share and adversely affected sales volumes," said Chairman
The company did not to declare a dividend for the year just ended.
"Although we have seen a further increase in annual profits, it feels that it continues to be more appropriate to retain profits to help fund the continued investment in growth than to reduce available funds through dividend distribution," said McIlroy.
During the year, the group completed the sale of its stake in one of its partner brands, Twisted Sista, the proceeds of which it said it will use to invest in the development of new ranges.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say