The Civil service in
He said this at opening of a one-day seminar on government reforms organized by the
The vice president, who represented by the Head of Service Alhaji Goni Aji, said "he federal civil service is more focused, more dedicated and ready to serve the country better than what it used to be in the nation's military days".
Sambo said the ongoing reforms programme embarked upon by the current administration is already witnessing major transformation more so that the average civil servant in the country today has begun to imbibe the culture of high discipline and professionalism in governance.
"The bureau of public service reforms was put in place to reposition the service. Government went further to ensure that
Country Director of the
"We know that only a well-functioning and efficient civil service is capable of supporting the qualitative development of the society, promote economic growth and prosperity and poverty reduction, providing essential social services and supporting all government agenda," she said.
Earlier in a welcome address, director-general of the
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Koch Brothers Took Genes, Money in Different Directions
- Rocket Explodes During U.S. Test Flight
- Short-Term Loans Comes at a Heavy Price
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures