Washington, June 30 (ANI): California governor Jerry Brown has passed a bill that legalizes alternative currencies like Bitcoin and Dogecoin.
The bill, dubbed AB 129, nullifies an older bill that made other currencies besides the dollar illegal. The bill makes clarifying changes to current law to ensure that various forms of alternative currencies or other objects of monetary value do not violate the law when those methods are used for the purchase of goods and services, The Verge reported.
State Assemblyman Roger Dickinson said that in an era of evolving payment methods, from Amazon Coins to Starbucks Stars, it is impractical to ignore the growing use of cash alternatives. (ANI)
Original headline: Now, California legalizes alternative currencies like Bitcoin, Dogecoin: Report
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Netflix Unveils New Way to Share Picks
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits
- Ford Is Finding Success With Its 'Unminivan'
- Construction Spending Staged Strong Rebound in July