TORONTO - Toronto Blue Jays slugger Josť Bautista is the newest owner of a Booster Juice store in Toronto.
Booster Juice handed the keys of its franchise location in Bloor West Village to Bautista on Monday. The Blue Jays rightfielder is a longtime company spokesperson.
"We couldn't ask for a more sincere endorsement," Dale S. Wishewan, Booster Juice president and CEO, said in a news release. "We have enjoyed working with, and getting to know Josť, and we are excited to welcome him further into the Booster Juice family with his first store."
Mr. Bautista said he loves Toronto and Booster Juice, and that having "my own store right here in the city that has been so good to me is a natural fit."
Sales from Monday's grand re-opening will benefit the Bautista Family Education Fund, which has a fundraising goal of $10,000.
Many of Booster Juice's 300-plus locations are owned by customers who turned their fondness for the product into a successful business venture, according to the release.
Mr. Wishewan opened the first Booster Juice in Sherwood Park, Alberta, in 1999.
The Bautista Family Education Fund offers mentorships to student athletes based on sports and academic achievement.
Canada Newswire contributed.
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals