The company expressed confidence that 2014 would be a "transformational year" for the company, citing improvements in month-on-month production, cost saving initiatives, increased processing capacity at its Gedabek mine in
Anglo Asian said the past 18 months had been challenging for gold companies as gold prices declined from
Chief Financial Officer
The company said it was well advanced in the processing of appointing a full time successor.
At the company's Gedabek mine a new agitation leaching plant was completed in
The company said it was on track for 595 tonnes of copper produced in the financial year 2014.
Anglo Asian reiterated a commitment to advance its second gold project at Gosha, in hopes of developing a small, high grade underground gold mine with an average rate of production of 15,000 to 20,000 ounces per year.
Its total gold production target from the combined Gedabek and Gosha mines is 62,000 to 67,000 ounces of gold for 2014.
Shares in Anglo Asia were trading down 5.1% at
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- DOJ Launches Program to Thwart U.S. Extremists