The Board of the
Following the Board's decision,
The regional centre will support African countries in scaling-up the deployment of low-carbon and climate resilient technologies for climate change mitigation and adaptation. This will be done through enhancing networking and knowledge dissemination enabling scaling-up of technology transfer through policy, institutional and organizational reforms, as well as integrating climate change technologies into investment programs and projects.
Two infrastructure sectors have been selected for the pilot phase: the energy sector for climate change mitigation measures, and the water sector for adaptation measures. The energy sector is an important contributor to greenhouse gas emissions, and various mitigation measures, initiatives and financing instruments seek to increase the role of renewable energy sources and energy efficiency. On the mitigation front, the centre is aligned with the Sustainable Energy for All (SE4ALL) initiative for which the Bank hosts the Africa Hub and the
The ACTFCN will address some of the key issues related to access to information and expertise relevant to the African context, such as dissemination of best practices, weak enabling environments at the national level, and lack of bankable projects.
The Bank will collaborate with public and private sector stakeholders in
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges