AfDB has placed a special emphasis in agriculture and food security as a way of assisting regional member countries to achieve the objectives of poverty reduction and economic growth. Enhancing agriculture productivity and promoting food security leads to improvements in the lives of people living in African rural areas. By continuing to invest in rural infrastructure (such as rural roads, irrigation, electricity, storage facilities, access to markets, conservation systems and supply networks), the AfDB will help countries increase agricultural productivity and competitiveness.
AfDB will use its best efforts to direct an amount equal to the net proceeds of the issue of these bonds to lending projects within the field of food security, subject to and in accordance with the Bank's lending standards.
Nomura has been promoting financial products for sustainable growth, which are intended not only to generate a return on investment but also to address social and environmental problems.
Through the sale of AfDB's food security bonds, Nomura serves as a bridge to investors who wish to contribute to society through their investments and support food security projects.
Nomura is an
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs