Major Japanese retailer
Aeon aims to sell 50,000 of the new smartphone model with increased communication speed and the capability to display videos, it said. The move comes as major home electronics retailers also have started selling budget smartphones while mainstream mobile phone carriers introduce flat-rate call services to lower smartphone fees.
With a 5-inch liquid crystal display, the new Aeon smartphone was developed by
After Aeon entered the smartphone market in April, major mobile phone carrier
Major electronics retailer
Aeon offers its smartphones by teaming up with a mobile virtual network operator which leases and resells network capacity from a major carrier.
Aeon will start accepting orders for the new smartphone Tuesday at its 447 group outlets nationwide, including convenience stores.
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Eid al-Fitr Celebrations Mark End of Ramadan
- Oppression of Women Cripples Africa: Obama
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya