What if your favorite fashion vice became a daily reminder of the progressive condition attacking your body? What if you were a life-long shoe lover whose beloved heels turned into dusty trophies from better days gone by? Enter
But last August – seven years after her initial diagnosis, and with symptoms worsening – Tonya made the decision to undergo Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) surgery. The procedure was so successful she's once again strolling around in her best peep-toe pumps. To celebrate the fortunate turn her life has taken, Tonya has created a shoe lover's dream – TheShoeMaven.com.
"Dealing with a chronic illness really makes you think about the things you take for granted in life. In my case, that included the way it felt to put on a sexy pair of Louboutins," says Walker with a sly grin. "I am seriously excited to be back in heels and sharing my love for fabulous footwear."
Tonya's blog will not only showcase her own fashion shoe posts (she currently owns 101 pairs ranging from
"We're going to peek inside interesting people's closets, share their favorite shoes and how they style outfits around them," says Tonya.
TheShoeMaven.com will break away from the traditional fashion blog format with a unique portfolio design, as well as engaging photography in a variety of settings. Other elements of TheShoeMaven.com format will include "Let's Go Shopping," where Tonya shares shoe shopping experiences with her readers as well as weekly shopping deals.
The blog also hopes to raise awareness about Parkinson's through updates and scheduled fund raising events. Tonya and her husband,
For more information or to schedule an interview with
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/06/prweb11906564.htm
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post
- Female Business Owners Still Face Gender Gap
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana