Launched in the summer of 2013, the Rebuild by Design competition has produced regional, cross-disciplinary collaboration among state and local governments, international design teams, educational institutions, and the public. The competition is one of the initiatives of
Landscape architecture is where nature meets the built environment. The landscape architects on the winning teams are providing innovative, sensible, and effective solutions for helping communities adapt to climate change. In the wake of Hurricane Sandy, their contributions will improve the resiliency of coastal communities that are still vulnerable to the unpredictable impacts of climate change and rising sea levels.
This is an exciting opportunity for landscape architects and other designers that has the potential to guide all future development."
CC AutoTriage14sp-140603-30FurigayJane-4753967 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause