The Japanese electronics and entertainment company has been pushing the successor machine, PlayStation Vita.
Discounts on Vita and downloads are offered to Japanese PSP owners, but are still undecided for those overseas.
More than 76 million PSP machines were sold, as of two years ago, the last time a tally was taken. The PSP went on sale in
Machines devoted to games are struggling against the popularity of smartphones and other devices.
Some analysts say the Vita has not sold in significant numbers.
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply