Smartphone shipments into
The smartphone category increased its unit share of the overall handset market to 29.8 per cent for the period under review as more consumers invested in the various new gadgets launched since the start of Q4 2013 data from the
The new trend dims the growth of feature phones whose shipment only rose 3.6 per cent over the same period.
Some of the models recently introduced to the Kenyan market include, but are not limited to, the LG L1, LG L4, Nokia X,
The overall handset market in
"Devices with 2G and 2.5G interfaces still dominate the
This is an indication that the Kenyan market's user base is increasingly ready to join the rest of the world in shifting to LTE.
With prices declining and increasing numbers of Kenyans now accessing the Internet via mobile phones, IDC expects the smartphone segment to continue recording healthy growth over the coming quarters.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- California Moves Toward Ban on Plastic Bags
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson
- Janet Yellen's Assets Grew by 8 Percent in 2013
- Identity Thieves Prey on Job Seekers
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs