Public debt stock reached at
According to the
The external debt posed at
The decline in external debt during first nine months of current fiscal year is mainly attributed to net repayments and appreciation of Pak Rupee against US Dollar.
Over the past few years, government relied mainly on the domestic borrowing which resulted in gradual increase of its share to around 70 percent of the total public debt as at end March, 2014 compared to 51 percent in 2008-09.
The evolution of funding mix adopted during last few years showed an implicit borrowing strategy that increasingly relied on short-term domestic borrowing owing to insufficient external inflows.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- Stocks Moving Higher Again for 4th Day
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight