The index is expected to rise to 61 in May from 60.8 in April.
The pound rose to a 1-week high of 171.61 against the yen, from an early low of 171.27. The closing quote of yesterday's deals worth at 171.44.
The pound advanced to 6-day highs of 1.5069 against the Swiss franc and 0.8112 against the euro, from early lows of 1.5064 and 0.8127, respectively. The pound closed yesterday's deals at 1.5065 against the franc and 0.8119 against the euro.
Against the US dollar, the pound rose to 1.6768 from an early low of 1.6740 . Thepair closed yesterday's deals at 1.6746.
If the pound extends its rise, it may find resistance around 172.97 against the yen, 1.51 against the Swiss franc, 0.80 against the euro and 1.68 against the greenback.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Uber Hires Obama Campaign Manager David Plouffe
- Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Bob Marley Musical to Make Premiere in Baltimore
- Russia Claims Ukraine Leaders Are Satanists, Jews or Maybe Even Scientologists
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan