MORE than 700 licences have been issued to small scale miners early this month, the Deputy Minister for
Answering a main question by John Chiligati (Manyoni East-CCM) on how they empower the small scale miners the deputy minister said the government is supporting them with soft loans for their improved business, Kitwanga said they are also working on options for reliable markets.
He said the government has come up with a new strategy for supporting the small scale minors by assisting them to get reliable markets for their minerals instead of relying on mineral dealers and brokers.
As for supporting the small scale miners at Londoni in Manyoni, Kitwanga said the government has set aside 200- square kilometres specifically allocated for them and also issued three licences to miners groups at Sumbaru village.
Moreover, he said, the government has issued issued a 180m/- loan to
He told the
However, he said, they are facing a number of challenges including some miners conducting their production in areas which are not endorsed by the government.
They have also conducted training to small scale miners, village and ward authorities in minerals production areas to observe rules and regulations in order to avert unnecessary conflicts.
He said the small scale miners were mobilized on the need to acquire licences, crucial document to legalizing their business.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Rocket Explodes During U.S. Test Flight
- Koch Brothers Took Genes, Money in Different Directions
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records