TIGO Ghana has signed a
This will focus on customer education and acquisition, with IFC providing advisory services on business development, customer profiling and agent network management.
The project is part of the
"Following the five awards Tigo Cash received in 2013, this is further recognition of our innovative approach to the deployment of mobile financial services and our commitment to continually develop them," he said.
"We are excited about this partnership, especially because the
While mobile phone usage is high in
Only 29 percent of adults in
Among people with low income that number is only about 15 percent. Most poor people are left with no choice but to resort to informal, unregulated and often unreliable means of savings, credit and insurance.
The project will run for three years and the company is hoping to leverage on it to accelerate the growth of its mobile money product, TIGO-CASH - ultimately towards developing a cash-lite economy.
"The use of mobile phones and alternative distribution infrastructure represents a huge opportunity to fill the gap in the provision of financial services in
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia