New Ferris Wheel Lights Up Washington DC Area
The Capital Wheel soars 55 meters above the
"We saw the Capitol and all the historical museums, and traffic," she said. "It was just peaceful."
The Ferris wheel is located just outside
"It's very smooth, so if you weren't paying too much attention you wouldn't really notice that you're moving and that's all part of trying to make people comfortable and make sure that they understand that they're very safe," he said.
The cost is
"Top of the line, air conditioned cabs, they've got music playing," he said.
Chinese tourist Qumae Yang loved the scenery from the Capital Wheel.
"It has a beautiful view," she said.
"It's exciting. You can see the whole
Each gondola seats eight people, except for one special VIP car which holds four. There, for
"I call it our little Ferrari. It's all red and black leather and it's pretty slick with wine coolers and its own pop-up TV and I'm sure more than one person will get engaged on a ride," said operations director Digby.
Another treat, Digby says, is the light show on the Ferris wheel, which can be programmed into thousands of different sequences.
"Over 1.6 million lights and they can light up in any different color of the rainbow," he said.
The Capital Wheel is open every day and is expected to draw up to 800,000 people the first year.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z