Profit taking has likely contributed to the modest weakness on
Activity has remained light however, as traders seem reluctant to make any significant moves ahead of the
A majority of the major sectors have moved to the downside on the day, although most are showing only modest moves.
Railroad stocks are seeing notable weakness in mid-day trading, however, with the Dow Jones Railroads Index down by 1.2%. The index is giving back some ground after ending the previous session at a record closing high.
Software, brokerage, and gold stocks are also seeing some weakness on the day, while modest strength is visible among semiconductor stocks.
The major averages have recently climbed off their lows for the session but remain in the red. The Dow is down 22.47 points or 0.1% at 16,721.16, the Nasdaq is down 9.96 points or 0.2% at 4,227.24 and the S&P 500 is down 2.29 points or 0.1% at 1,922.68.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare